If we are planning to spend more time in the bath, then why not make it more inviting, relaxing, and soothing? Whether the plan is to spruce up the space, do a couple changes, or a full remodel, homeowners are adding their personal touches to create a unique bath time experience.
Some of the continuing trends seen at the recent industry trade show
- Masculine touches (dark tiles, cabinets, storage space for an occasional martini!)
- Creating opulent spaces using man-made materials like high polished quartz (to mimic marble but easier to maintain), chandeliers, crystal cabinet pulls and knobs, and artwork
- Deeper soaking tubs with built in speakers
- Custom murals and artwork integrated in shower walls and floors
- Custom cabinet cooling drawers to house drinks, wine, and makeup
- Jet sprays and rain showers for a spa treatment
- TV's integrated in mirrors
- More affordable options with shower hardware and accessories
Some of these ideas require a stack of cash! But homeowners can still create a personal retreat by adding a few unique items in the existing space that offer a sense of tranquility and calm, without breaking the bank: Update cabinets and countertops, add some "bling" with new cabinet pulls/knobs and accessories, change the lighting (this will make a huge difference), change the paint scheme, update the shower or change existing standard tub to a jetted spa one if space prevents moving walls. Whatever the budget, there's a soothing experience just waiting to happen.